If you are puzzle about how to make money on YouTube, look no further than these methods for monetizing your YouTube channel and your creative work. All gonna you need is video editing software a computer and you can start to learn how to become a YouTuber.
All around the world, 5 billion YouTube videos are watched every day. YouTube is as very popular as ever with users spending in general 40 minutes per YouTube session.
As an example, on Ryan’s Toy Review and makes a whopping $22 million by playing around and disassembling toys. Not bad at all for just playing around with gadgets.
Making money on YouTube is no more just exclusive to a select some platinum musicians or big influencers. There are lots of opportunities for normal people to make money from YouTube.
Before get started creating your first video you have to be more strategic in your approach. In this article, I will go over the different ways you can start making money on YouTube this year.
Let’s dive in!
Contents for: How to Make Money on YouTube
The big question is: How to Become a Youtuber?
How to Make Money on YouTube
As long as it's possible to make a decent income from YouTube as a content creator, it is not the very easiest either. Around 400 hours of video upload to YouTube every single minute across the glob.
The numbers don’t never lie. Accordingly the competition is quite intense, and making money online becomes more challenging then ever.
Find here few strategies you can apply to fire up your earning potential from YouTube.
1.Plan Your Video: Like a Business from Day One
Prior to start making your first YouTube video, you gonna need to understand your unique subject. Put together what you want to say, and who you are talking to.
- Is your YouTube video designed to entertain?
- Perhaps you identify as a content creator first, and entrepreneur second.
Keep in mind that first you are an entrepreneur and YouTube video creator second, which means you possibly already have a product, and you are designing your unique YouTube marketing strategy to sell it.
Initially let's start with this example: Merchandise is a viable way to earn money from YouTube.
#Sell your own products: Imagine and design your stuff
The products for your YouTube channel is meant to both represent and feed your audience’s connection with you. That means your merchandise should be unique.
2. YouTube Monetization: Use affiliate links on YouTube.
By promoting affiliate links can be a great earning opportunity for YouTube channels that offer detailed tutorials as well as perceptive product reviews.
As an example, if you recommend a product and a user visits your affiliate link to buy, you’ll start earning commissions. You can place these affiliate links in the first lines of your description and speak about your affiliate link in your video content.
Adding affiliate links on YouTube videos shares a ordinary resemblance to promoting affiliate links on your own blog. So, you shouldn’t flood affiliate links all over your YouTube content only just for the monetary benefit. Don’t forget that users will only follow these affiliate links when they believe you are a trusted resource.
To build trust with your YouTube audience, help them solve concrete problems and provide unique tutorials. As a bonus, you can create YouTube videos that offer solutions you have previously accomplished yourself.
The first step to boost revenue is to start a blog simultaneously with your YouTube channel and add affiliate links there too. Like so, you’re monetizing YouTube and also have a blog or website on a platform that you own yourself.
Bluehost web hosting is the “official” WordPress.org recommended web hosting platform and you can read my full Bluehost review here.
Find here how to get started with Bluehost:
- 1.) Go to Bluehost.com and click Get Started.
- 2.) Choose your web hosting plan.
- 3.) Enter a new blog / website domain name or select one you already own.
- 4.) Enter your pesonal account information, account plan, and billing information.
- 5.) You can uncheck the add-ons Codeguard Basic and Sitelock Security.
- 6.) Now just click Submit and you are ready to go!
3. Make Money on YouTube with Funding from Loyal Your Fans.
If you have built a decent following of YouTube fans, motivate them to crowdfund your YouTube channel can help you fund your new YoutTube videos and profit.
A popular platform like Patreon introduces more smoothly continuous to the process of getting paid for your unique content. Anyway, your fans can make subscriptions to their favorite YouTube channels, even going home with some rewards from their favorite content creators. Another service is Tipee that allows you to enjoy a combo of one-time donations and recurring.
Nonprofit and for-profit YouTube channels alike are influencing this fan funding with their audience to keep their YoutTube video operations running smoothly. As long your YouTube content is entertaining, interesting, or providing decent value, you would be amazed at how your audience open the floodgates of generosity.
4. Become a YouTube Partner and earn from ads.
For many YouTubers, ads are the greatest revenue stream. Being a YouTube Partner, you can make money in different many ways. You make money from ads before your channel memberships, videos, or Google AdSense banner ads.
Anyway, there are few ground rules to look at before becoming a certified YouTube Partner also some preconditions needed to start. Alongside from complying to YouTube’s ad rules, you must gather a minimum of 4K video watch hours on your YoutTube channel in the last 12 months and have 1K subscribers.
There is no specific format or timeline to get these foundational 4k hours. You can get 100 hours each on 40 YouTube videos or any combination to get your total to 4K.
As an example, the popular hit Gangnam Style took an enduring 5 months to achieve 1 billion YouTube views. Anyway, Despacito was less patient hurrying to 1 billion YouTube views in just 97 days. After triumphantly achieving the 4K hour-threshold and winning your place as a YouTube Partner, you can start earning from ads.
In your YouTube Video Manager, a green dolar “$” next to your videos indicates that you can now get into YouTube monetization. With YouTube Premium removing ads for viewers for a monthly-fee, YouTube even so helps support creators by paying based on the percentage of total watch time.
You must not all the time be able to base your revenue generation on YouTube from advertising alone. There are other methods by which you can fortify your earning potential on YouTube.
5. Make the best of your YouTube marketing funnel.
Make the best and optimize your YouTube channel for sales. Choose your particular niche, become a YouTube partner, and start planning your marketing funnel.
YouTube is one way to raise awareness, but you can make more money by using YouTube simultaneously with a blog. That way you’re collecting more email addresses and in due course selling products to your fan base.
As an example, if you write an article about an product you’re recommending, remodel that content, and create a YouTube video embedded in the blog post. Then send viewers from YouTube back to your blog and to the affiliate links to both earn commissions and build blog readers.
6. Master Your YouTube SEO.
For YouTube video creators who have not built a decent following yet, you have to scale up and magnify YouTube SEO this year.
To achieve that, perform keyword research like you regularly would and think a bit differently based on what users are searching for on YouTube. Afterward, make sure you are using high-value keywords in your description, video title and video tags.
Once launched, you can check your YouTube “YouTube search: Traffic Source” report to get an idea of what people are searching for when they find your YouTube hosted videos.
Generally, Google provides video results for keywords on how to, tutorials, reviews, and funny video terms.
There are as well five key YouTube SEO ranking factors to consider:
- Number of comments
- Subscribes after watching a video
- Thumbs up/thumbs down ratio
- Video length
- Click-through-rate on the YouTube search results
7. Explore extra gains from YouTube Red Subscribers.
YouTube Red allows viewers to pay $9.99 for ad-free YouTube viewing. Still, without ads, YouTube content creators can even generate money and make 55% of revenue, based on view time. In there are varied reviews on whether YouTube Red decreases or increases CPM rates.
With YouTube Red, your watch time really matters and ensure that you check your YouTube Analytics to view statistics like video engagement and watch time.
8. Become an Amazon Influencer.
The Amazon influencer is becoming more and more popular. This Amazon influencer program allows you to magnify your YouTube (social media in general) presence to make money with Amazon recommendations.
After joining the Amazon influencer program, you can recommend and review products and direct your users to Amazon to purchase with affiliate links. When your users click through and make Amazon purchase, you get your commission – usually from 8 to 10%.
This Amazon influencer program isn’t open to everyone. Social media follower count and other requirements dictate the approval odds.
#How Much Money Do YouTubers Make?
For many of YouTubers, this answer may be barely anything or nothing. For trendy YouTubers, this could be a million dollars or more per year.
Today's come to be tougher to make money on YouTube, as ad revenue can vary from $0.35-$5/view, with the secure assumption being $1/ 1K views. The profitability of your YouTube channel is tied to both your niche and your views.
YouTubers in decent-viewed niches like news, listicles, makeup and beauty,celebrity gossip, and popular fails quickly pull in revenue with millions of views.
There are as well YouTube revenue calculators make you understand how much you can generate based on engagement and video views. How many views you gonna need to cash out on YouTube? Once you reach a balance of $100, YouTube pays you.
#How Much Money Can You Make on YouTube?
By implementing affiliate links, ad monetization, and selling sponsored placements in your YouTube videos, you can magnify your revenue potential. On YouTube, you can make money from ads on a CPV, CPM, and CPC basis. With cost per impression (CPM), an ordinary YouTuber makes $7.60 / 1K views.
By Google policy, YouTube creators get 55% of earnings accumulate from advertisements while Google keeps 45%.
- If you are implementing affiliate marketing as a YouTube channel owner, advertisers pay out with different models – usually cost/sale or cost/lead. So, your earnings directly interact with the number of conversions and sale commissions you get from advertisers.
You can sell sponsored product placements in your YouTube videos. So here YouTubers can make money by selling also short mentions or more extended product recommendations on brands looking for exposure.
- If you have been able to build a decent following on your YouTube channel, brands will pay you. This price may vary from $20-$50 for every some thousand views they get on your YouTube channel.
As an example, their video on your YouTube channel reach millions of views, you can really start dancing to the bank somewhere from $20,000-$50,000. This method is a greater way to monetize when you aren’t generating millions of views.
#How to Make Money on YouTube: FAQ.
Is it difficult to make money on YouTube?
It is quite tough to make money on YouTube. At first, you must have 1K subscribers and 4K watch hours within the last 12 months to join the YouTube Partner Program. Next you gonna have to generate lots of views and monitor your cost per view (CPV) to see how much income you make for advertisements.
If you don’t have millions of YouTube views, one of the best way is to monetize your YouTube channel is with affiliate marketing. You can perform product tutorials or review products and place affiliate links in your YouTube video description. In this way, you can get commissions on every sale and make more money than your advertising CPV.
I highly recommend you start a blog and combine that with your YouTube account. In this way you can promote affiliate links on both your blog and YouTube channel and embed your videos in your blog post articles to get more views (and help your search engine rankings).
How can I make money on YouTube without using ads?
If you aren’t making lots of money with advertisements, there are many other ways to make money with your YouTube channel.
Find here some of the best options:
- 1. Add affiliate links to your YouTube video descriptions to recommend products and earn commissions on every sale.
- 2. Sell physical products, t-shirts and merchandise linked to an ecommerce platform.
- 3. Sell online courses, digital products and eBooks.
- 4. Build your YouTube audience and get a YouTube sponsorship from a brand.
- 5. Use crowdfunding and ask for donations.
- 6. If you’re an decent expert in your niche, sell consulting services and coaching then charge an hourly rate.
How many subscribers you gonna need to make money on YouTube?
- According to the YouTube Partner Program eligibility requirements, you gonna need 1K or more YouTube subscribers to be able to monetize your YouTube channel. You also gonna need at least 4K watch hours within the last 12 months and have an Google AdSense account.
- Once you are accepted into YPP, you are allowed to set your ad preferences and enable monetization for the YouTube videos you upload.
How much is 1,000 YouTube views worth?
- There is no exact answer to how much 1K YouYube views is worth. Aspects to consider involve the niche you’re in, how many viewers click on your advertisements, and the country you are located in. This all aspects into your average CPM.
- Furthermore, advertisers create a Google AdWords active account to place ads then choose their ad method based on paying on a cost per click (CPC) basis or cost per view (CPV).
- As an example, you can get $0 for one single view and $5 for another view if that user clicks on a high-value advertisement. A great rule of thumb is to expect that you will get from $0.75 to $1.00 for 1K YouTube views if you use banner ads, or $6-7$ / 1K views if you use ads that play before your YouTube video starts.
Who is the best highest-paid YouTuber?
The top best YouTube stars like PewDiePie and Logan Paul bring in millions of dollars a year by monetizing their YouTube channels. Either reviewing and creating engaging content or playing video games, these YouTubers put in a lot of work to increase their audience.
Find here the list of the top best highest-paid YouTubers based on yearly revenue in 2019:
- 1. Ryan Kaji: $26 million.
- 2. Dude Perfect: $20 million.
- 3. Anastasia Radzinskaya: $18 million.
- 4. Rhett and Link: $17.5 million.
- 5. Jeffree Star: $17 million.
- 6. Preston: $14 million.
- 7. PewDiePie: $13 million.
- 8. Markiplier: $13 million.
- 9. DanTDM: $12 million.
How to Make Money on YouTube: Conclusion
To make money on YouTube is possible, but it’s difficult to make money with only just YouTube alone. It’s essential to have your own blog or website and use YouTube as a secondary traffic stream.
One great benefit is that YouTube SEO is not yet as competitive as organic search SEO. If you can get started now and generating traffic, you’ll be a greater place by 2020 when the competition is more stormy.
My recommendation is to start a blog with a decent high-end marketing funnel, then start by joining YouTube as a secondary step to build your email list and generate affiliate income.
Reminder: Find here how to get started:
Go to Bluehost.com and click Get Started
- 1. Choose your web hosting plan.
- 2. Enter a new website domain name or select one you already own.
- 3. Enter your account information, account plan, and billing information.
- 4. You can uncheck the add-ons Sitelock Security and Codeguard Basic.
Feel free to use these ways YouTube monetization tips to launch your YouTube channel and build your audience of avid viewers this year. Recommended Articles on StartUpAm.com: For more ideas on making money with video, check out my reviews of the best video editing software and my guide to selling online courses.