Work from home jobs are on the rise and social distancing is only accelerating this trend. And it makes sense. Why should someone have to sit through rush hour traffic and go to an office when all they need is a computer and Internet connection?
Working from home offers a lot of benefits too.
- A typical employer saves around $11,000/year for every employee who works from home half the time.
- Additionally, employees save up to $4,000 per year working from home half the time. This number increases substantially when you factor in living in a less expensive area to work remotely full time.
Second, we live in a world of convenience, and more people are staying home these days. All it takes is an Internet connection, and you can order food, stream Netflix, order products with Amazon’s two-hour delivery, and enjoy modern conveniences most couldn’t dream of a few decades ago.
That’s why this article covers the best work from home jobs to check out so that you can make money online – and do it from home. The days are here when anyone can work from home (or any virtual location) with a computer, webcam, and video conferencing tool.
To this day, most articles about work from home jobs talk about the same low paying tactics:
- Online surveys
- Coupon clipping
- Home data entry
- Call center work
- Virtual assistant
- Home customer care
- Administrative assistant
- Home customer service agents; customer service representatives
- Most articles even featured babysitting as a tactic
What Are the Best Work From Home Jobs?
With most jobs, we trade our time for money. So the best work from home jobs help you make the most money in the least amount of time. Here are the top 10+ legitimate work from home jobs to start earning money from home on your own time.
Best Online Work from Home Job #1: Start a Blog
Everyone is blogging these days, from your nosy co-workers to distant acquaintances and even Grandma. So let me be blunt: if you are going to treat blogging as just writing about your passions and hoping you make money, you may be disappointed.
Because once you see that you are not getting desirable results, you are likely to quit — just like at least 59.3% other bloggers.
1. Pick a profitable niche.
“Follow your dreams; write about what your heart says, and money will follow.” I reject this popular notion.
I am passionate about all kinds of topics: distance running, astronomy, traveling to far off places, fantasy football, elephants lol, but if I had to write about any of these topics incessantly without seeing any readers or income, I’d quit 100% of the time. This sort of advice is not only wrong but also ineffective.
Whether you’re a starving artist, graphic designer, coach, consultant, teacher – anything in life – recognition and human connection are what we’re after. And focusing just on your passions without a business plan is no way to start a project that is supposed to build a following and generate income. So rather than focusing first on just your passions and hobbies, begin with a business mindset.
You should first pick your niche based on market factors.
When it comes to blogging, start by picking a niche that you’re well versed in, but also has decent search volume on Google and market demand. For instance, if you are trying to tap into the digital marketing industry, then don’t only base your blog on “Digital Marketing.” It’s too broad.
Instead, start more narrow like SaaS SEO, B2B content marketing, or any other sub-niche.
Start as the #1 expert in one small niche with an audience you cater entirely to. Then you can expand and work toward other niches in the same vertical. Your niche needs what I call ARP – audience revenue potential. How much money is your target audience willing to spend with you?
When selling, it works better to go after a high-quality B2B audience that can drop $5k at the drop of a hat, rather than an audience with less money. For example, it’s harder to sell to a struggling college student with $15 or less for pizza and beer (been there, done that).
In the end, money and recognition fuel human passion more than tortured writing ever will.
2. Focus on building a personal brand.
If you are not a great writer yet, don’t worry. You have to become the next Hemingway or Shakespeare to build a personal brand presence online. Blogging is not penning an editorial to the New York Times. With blogging, you have to write like you talk — because here, your main motto is to influence others to act.
And you cannot influence others under the guise of intellectualism. Part of being a blogger is sharing your story with the world and not holding things back.
This is what my About page looks like:
By being vulnerable and real in your content, you can break through the noise, connect with your followers, and build your influence faster. You will also be happy to know that influencers are in high demand these days. According to statistics, influencer marketing has skyrocketed 90x since 2013.
Here are the main steps that you have to follow through for your blog into an effective personal brand platform:
Focus on high-end consulting when starting out.
Once you’ve positioned yourself as an influencer in your industry, the first step to monetization is selling high-end consulting services. The great thing with high-end B2B consulting is you don’t need much traffic to make a lot of money.
It is a simple formula when you’re just starting:
- A blog at rest will remain at rest unless acted upon by an “unbalanced” force of SEO knowledge
- This law shows how traffic, links, and audience potential are related, as shown in the equation below:
- Low Traffic * High Price = High Traffic * Low Price
IWhen you are just starting out and not getting as much traffic, you naturally need to charge a higher price and do more hands-on consulting work to make the same amount of money from lower traffic. For example, if when you start your blog and are getting 10x less traffic than in the future, you need to charge 10x more to make the same amount of money from your passive income streams.
You can check out my email newsletter to dive into this further, but with the right guest blogging strategies to grow your Domain Authority, you can use your consulting profits to accelerate your blog growth with content and links.
In the end, you want you to start making a lot of passive income in 3-6 months, not 3-5 years.
Remember, you first have to position yourself as a high-end consultant. Make sure that you focus on converting your visitors into business clients and providing excellent customer service experience.
Next, remember you are not just a blogger, but a business owner so thinks like one. Hire writers instead of writing everything yourself, focus on sales at the beginning, and realize you can be successful fast if you put in the work.
To summarize again, start by focusing on consulting, then use this revenue to fund your blog and accelerate your content production. As your traffic grows, you can then move into passive income streams like affiliate marketing, digital products, and online courses.
You can get started with them (60% off) and start your blogging trend.
Best Online Job #2: Work Remote as a Freelancer
Getting a remote job as a freelancer is a great option.
You are working straight from your home and choosing your clients. More productivity. No more sitting in pesky traffic. Amazing work-life balance. These are some of the perks of becoming a premium freelancer if you can leverage your knowledge.
The first step is to sign up for FlexJobs to find premium, flexible remote jobs that you can do anywhere in the world. Freelance revenue is exploding. This infographic by Upwork shows that 57.3 million people freelance, making $1.4 trillion per year:
Getting jobs as a freelancer is no more difficult than getting a regular job. Many often wonder how they can land a lucrative gig. Sometimes, prospective freelancers look for work from home freelancing jobs for months and months to no avail.
The problem is that most freelancing websites get tons of applications, and hiring for positions are limited. Therefore, for starters, you have to get creative with your approach. Sending out your proposal and then twiddling your thumb, waiting for someone to contact you won’t get you anywhere.
Here’re some of the tested ways that will help you get your first freelancing gig in no time:
2. Write extensively.
The most important tip I can give you is to write, write, and write! It doesn’t matter if you are a graphic designer. Or a coder. Or a ninja warrior for that matter.
The only thing that matters is that writing is your best bet to get your name out there. Are you not a good writer? Then suck it up and still write. Once you start writing about your niche, clients will come flocking to give you jobs, not the other way round.
I have accomplished a lot due to my writing. And even if you’re a blogger outsourcing some of your content writing, you need to be a great editor regardless.
From writing newsletters to blog posts or even a simple email to clients — it all starts with the written word. I hope you get the idea. So get started with writing, and you will see a barrage of inbound clients coming your way.
2. Create a portfolio.
The first step is to create a portfolio. Of course, you would need to demonstrate your skills to get some credible freelancing gigs.
Your portfolio should be able to:
- Perfectly showcase your expertise
- Showcase your experience in the niche
- Show your personality
3. How to find your work from home freelance jobs?
If you are reading this blog, you may have just started to think about the option to work remotely. Many companies like Formstack are offering remote work for their employees.
While you build your credibility in the job market, you can easily find jobs on various freelance sites as well. Finally, if you want to start making money online, remote freelancing with Flexjobs is my #1 choice.
First, Flexjobs screens employers for you so you have the best matches. FlexJobs comes with a small monthly fee – not a percentage – and in return, they vet all job opportunities so you can start making money right away.
Start your freelancing journey today with Flexjobs and start making money.
#3 of the Best Jobs Online: Dropshipping
What if I tell you that you can get involved in selling products without worrying over inventory or fulfilling orders? That method of ecommerce is called dropshipping.
Here is how dropshipping works:
- You (the retailer) launch an ecommerce store and advertise a manufacturer’s product.
- A customer completes an order on your website.
- You then forward the customer and order information to the manufacturer, and they handle the shipping.
Here’s how the whole process works compliments of Visual.ly:
The process is simple and only requires a website to become an online retailer of thousands of potential products online.
Like any business models, it has a few downsides:
- Lower profit margins than selling your own products. When it comes to dropshipping, overhead is low — but so are the profit margins. A large chunk of what you will earn is going to be skimmed off by the supplier.
- High competition. If you’re selling commodity products, there are likely many others doing the same. Therefore, it’s a given that the competition is pretty high.
- Less control over branding. Since you’re selling a manufacturer’s products, your brand image can suffer. One way to mitigate this is by having your manufacturer place custom branded inserts into the boxes.
- Less control over customer service. As you’re not shipping the product yourself, you could get bad reviews from things completely out of your control.
Overall, around 27% of online retailers have adopted dropshipping.
The competition is pretty high. if you go about it the right way, there’s a lot of potential with dropshipping.
If you need help to get started with dropshipping, you can rely on an expert freelancer from a site like Fiverr. Fiverr’s dropshipping section includes freelancers that can help with anything from setting up and designing your store to syncing your products and marketing your business.
Here is a quick guide for you to get started with dropshipping:
- Choose a niche market and research which products are best suited for your audience.
- Conduct competitor research to see their products and pricing.
- Choose an ecommerce platform and design your online store.
- Carefully find a reputable dropshipping supplier.
- Sync your product inventory with a supplier like Inventory Source.
- Launch your ecommerce website.
- Start marketing your online store.
To get started, I recommend Wix as your ecommerce platform since they’re super easy to use and integrate with lots of dropshipping tools.
To succeed as a dropshipper, you have to build a real brand behind your products. It’s more challenging to do this when you’re selling other wholesaler’s products. But by only selling 5-10 highly unique products, you stand the best chance at real success.
You can get started for free with Wix and upgrade to a business plan.
#Online Courses, Consulting and Coaching
Let’s talk about another great online job – being an online coach. With the rise of eLearning and remote work, it’s a great time to enter this field. If you enjoy working with others and helping them reach their goals, then this work from home job is perfect for you.
First, you have to think about your niche areas of expertise and the experience you have in certain industries.
There are many types of coaches, such as:
- Life Coaching
- Career Coaching
- Business Coaching
- Executive Coaching
- Wellness Coaching
- Financial Coaching
- Spiritual Coaching
And these areas can be broken down further. For instance, a wellness coach can focus on things like meditation, eating disorders, or fitness.
How can you start your own work from home job in coaching?
Here are some tips to help you get started as an online coach.
1. Build expertise in your niche.
Once you have decided what kind of coach you want to be, you need to start building expertise in your niche.
You can build expertise in a lot of ways:
- Starting a website and writing blog posts about topics in your niche.
- Writing guest posts on other authoritative sites in your niche.
- Speaking at industry events.
- Selling an online course.
It’s impossible to seek advice from someone who can’t be found online.
So start by creating a blog around your online course topics. Your blog posts can be short teasers/mini-lessons based on what is included in your online course.
Create and sell online courses.
By using an online course platform, you can create and sell online courses.
Here are the steps to get started:
- Choose an online course platform like Thinkific.
- Plan your online course and create an outline.
- Optional: Create a sales page and pre-sell your course to validate your idea.
- Shoot your video lessons and create your assignments.
- Edit and upload your course content.
- Publish your course and promote it to your audience.
You should also consider offering discounts and tiered pricing to maximize your sales. Plus, think about adding add-ons like bonus files, 1:1 coaching sessions, or weekly coaching calls to increase your course value.
I recommend you try out Thinkific – my #1 recommendation for the best online course platform. This tool will help you create lessons and share them with a large audience base. You can read my full Thinkific review for more detailed information.
#Digital Marketing Freelancing
Online digital marketing jobs are in high demand, and there is a skills gap that can’t fill these positions. They’re a great way to use your creative chops and analytics skills to help businesses grow their online presence. According to a study, around 50% of modern businesses lack skilled workers.
With advances in globalization, we are currently witnessing an upsurge in companies outsourcing their digital marketing functions and you don’t need a Bachelor’s Degree, a college degree, (or even a high school diploma for that matter) when you’re freelancing.
Therefore, it’s a win-win situation for everyone.
On the one hand, companies are saving extra money and unnecessary headache this way. They don’t have to hire a skilled team for each department when they can outsource them. And on the other hand, those willing to work from home are getting more lucrative opportunities.
If you feel that this is something that you want to do, then here are some tips on how to make it happen.
1. Work on a specific skillset.
Choose a particular niche within digital marketing. SEO. Pay Per Click Advertising. Paid Social. Analytics. Content Marketing. Conversion Rate Optimization. Affiliate Marketing.
There are a lot of disciplines. You can capitalize on more than one digital marketing skills you might have. But the key is to identify your most profitable skill set.
Here are a few skills that every digital marketing professional should have:
1. Paid Digital Acquisition.
Jobs that pay well include search engine marketing (SEM), affiliate marketing, and paid social.
But when it comes to social media marketing, most people could use help as advertising on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and other channels can get, And this is where you enter the game. You can make money online building Facebook ads, Instagram ads, Pinterest, or even Snapchat and become a remote Social Media Manager.
2. Content Marketing & SEO.
The digital world runs on content. And the disciplines of content marketing and SEO work hand-in-hand.
Online businesses are in need of people that can write exceptional content, and get it to rank on search engines.
This is a comprehensive skillset that includes lots of disciplines:
- Keyword research.
- Content calendars and project management.
- Writing skills
- Knowledge of commonly-used SEO tools.
- Technical SEO.
Understanding data to make informed marketing decisions is a skill in high demand. Growth marketers and analytics experts analyze reports to understand website user behavior.
Knowledge of Google Analytics is a good start. You can then move onto more advanced data visualization tools like Adobe Analytics and Tableau.
Apart from these, there are a ton of other digital marketing jobs in areas like conservation rate optimization (CRO), content marketing, marketing manager, project management, etc.
Now comes the most crucial part.
Where can you find the most lucrative work from home jobs for digital marketing specialists?
If you don’t have any official digital marketing experience yet, it’s a good ideas to obtain experience as a freelancer. Getting real hands-on experience and building up your resume is a great way to find the best opportunities.
The best freelance site to get started with is Flexjobs.
In exchange for a small fee, they provide access to thousands of marketing opportunities and deeply vet each one for you so you can start earning freelance money faster.
Other places to find digital marketing jobs include:
- Angel.co – a site for startup jobs.
- LinkedIn – set up a job search with keywords like “digital marketing”, “content marketing”, “SEO”, etc.
- Indeed.com – search for “digital marketing.”
#Programming and Coding Jobs
Today, small and medium businesses are trying to curb their expenditure by hiring work from home freelancers. And that’s the reason we see a boom in the freelance industry.
Some examples of who’s looking to hire freelance coders:
- Entrepreneurs – hire freelance coders and programmers to build a proof of concept to demonstrate their idea.
- Small businesses – usually on the lookout for temporary or even permanent services. Without paying for additional benefits like healthcare, job security, and so forth.
- Individuals – Yes, even individuals with a coding problem hire freelance coders and programmers from time to time to fix a problem or to seek help with their homework or something.
Did you notice the unifying characteristics of these jobs? They all are small and temporary and can be quickly done sitting at home.
Freelance coding and programming jobs are relatively easy to get and boast a high hourly rate. You would be surprised to see how many people are looking out for freelance coders on countless freelance websites on the internet. The number of freelance programming and coding jobs far outweigh other positions in terms of volume.
Don’t let me dictate you into believing this, see for yourself:
Some of the most current and emerging work from home coding jobs include:
- Website Development
- Data scraping
- Mobile app development
- Building chatbots for websites
- Simple games
- Micro-controller programming
How do you get coding jobs?
Picking an excellent job website and setting up job alerts is likely to increase your odds of getting good work from home coding or programming job. It is better to search in places that have high-demand and where employers are willing to offer decent pay.
Some of the places that I would suggest include:
1. Build a GitHub profile – While having a personal website is imperative; programmers should not forget to put their codes on GitHub as well.
There are so many reasons why building your GitHub profile is essential. For one, it’s an excellent place to get a decent exposure, which might result in bagging more clients. Secondly, your GitHub profile can serve as your portfolio that you can show every time approach a prospective client.
2. Standard freelance websites – You will have to compete with others from all over the world on these websites. That said, this also means that you will get massive opportunities from customers around the world, and control your pay rate.
Here are some of the standard freelance websites to find work from home coding and programming jobs:
Flexjobs is your best pick to find these coding jobs.
Another benefit of being an audio and video editor is the tendency to get more remote work. Because unlike directors, lighting experts, or the camera crew, an editor can work from anywhere.
While most people can edit simple videos, it takes an expert to cut together an amazing short video or film. And with the upsurge in video marketing, your demand is only going to go up.
Take a look at these video statistics:
That’s an unbelievable amount of video content. While it is difficult to break into video editing in TV and film, you can create a lucrative work from home business targeting brands that need video content.
Here are some options to earn money as a video/audio editor:
1. Sell stock photos and videos. If you are looking to earn passive income on the side of your regular job, selling stock photos and videos is a great idea. You can shoot HD-quality shots of nature, cityscapes, people performing tasks, etc.
Some popular stock libraries include:
2. Sell virtual reality (VR) and 360-degree Videos – The ability to create VR videos can take you places. Both the VR and 360-degree videos allow you to explore every inch of the frame of the video. Plus, VR videos offer you the capacity to interact with the video, which is the most significant selling point. For example, this technology could be used to preview real estate listings and other virtual tours.
#Work from Home Medical Jobs
Work from home digital medical jobs are on the upswing for some time, and the trend shows no sign of going away.
But what will you do as a freelancer in the field of medicine? Well, you don’t have to guide a surgeon for sure. Instead, you can try out simple digital medical jobs, such as:
1. Medical transcriptionist. Becoming a medical transcriptionist while you hustle and try to build your portfolio is not a bad option. As it turns out, you can earn some decent amount for merely typing out the recorded dictation from doctors.
2. Spokesperson – Many companies hire credible doctors to be the spokesperson for their supplement products. Please note that this job is for specialized doctors and experts in the field of medicine. The most significant upside of this job is its high pay.
3. Researcher – You can help pharmacy-based consulting companies research various subjects, including Pharmaceutical Market Research, the aging population, cancer treatments, and so forth.
4. Copywriter – We have already covered writing and editing in our previous point. However, the health industry also hires transcriptionists in addition to traditional writers.
5. Associate Scientific Director – Do you have an advanced degree in life sciences? Then this job is an excellent option for you. Working as a freelance associate scientific director primarily entails creating content for a variety of therapeutic areas.
Where will you find remote jobs in the digital medical field?
I would recommend pitching to freelance websites, such as:
Writing is one of the most popular work from home jobs in recent years. As I mentioned before, no matter what you do and where you go content is everywhere.
And that’s why you see the upsurge in both freelance writers and jobs. Bonus points if you can write in other languages like Spanish or French.
However, when many initially step foot in the freelance writing job market, they have no clue what they are doing. Sometimes they resort to stalking other freelancers and looking at what they are writing, reading several old blog posts, and more.
But, you don’t have to try out this hit-and-miss approach. I have found out some great ways that will help you land your freelance writing job without much hassle.
1. Start cold pitching. Cold email is sending emails or messages via social media platform to companies, small and medium enterprises, entrepreneurs, or startups to let them know about your services.
Make sure that your pitch doesn’t sound repetitive. Add some character by talking about how you know their business and how your services can solve their problems.
2. Pitch to prospects listed on Job Boards – Are you itching to find a quality work from home job? Then pitching to Job Boards is your safest bet. It is also the best way to find consistent work without losing a steady income as a freelancer.
Here are some of the most lucrative job boards you can consider pitching to:
- Blogging Pro
- All Freelance Writing Job Board
3. Follow the Twitter handles of job boards: Social media can do wonders when it comes to getting quality work from home job. Twitter is a great place to land writing jobs, given that you follow the right handles. Such handles provide a lot of freelance writing/editing jobs like this:
#Online Jobs for a Remote Tech Company
Tech companies, especially startups and Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs), are increasingly shifting their workforce from in-house to remote.
Think of the most common job titles in an office: sales representative, human resources specialist, business development rep, customer service admins, etc. They all can work remotely.
And with the rise of social distancing, many companies are allowing their workers to stay remote full time. According to Mercer, we live in an age of disruption and companies are implementing more remote-friendly work arrangements.
This type of work can benefit organizations in plenty of ways, such as:
- Reduced attrition among workers.
- Lower overhead cost, making premiums like health insurance more comfortable to pay for.
- Access to a broader talent pool.
- Potential increased productivity.
- Save both the company and the employee time and money.
As for the people, they enjoy even more significant benefits when it comes to working from home:
Not only this, those who work from home are more productive than those working in offices. In fact, according to a report by Flexjobs, every 2 in 3 workers claim increased productivity working at home.
You cannot refute the value and popularity of working from home. You get paid every week for your service and don’t have to commute to work.
As we move toward the economy of the individual, your income is only limited by your knowledge and service. It’s up to you to build your brand and reap the future profits of this virtual economy.
#Online Design Consultant Jobs
Do you have an eye for visual aesthetics? If yes, then you can leap into design consultancy jobs. The best part is that having a formal degree is not a barrier in this field when you’re independent.
Your creative insight and ability to self-educate can make you grow by leaps and bounds. Design consultants can work in several domains, including:
1. Graphic design.
If you are adept at using various Photoshop and Illustrator tools and have an innate sense of creativity, then you shouldn’t think twice before foraying into graphic design.
To be a consultant, your technical knowledge alone isn’t enough. You should also have extensive experience in client and project management.
That said, you don’t require a diploma or a degree in graphic design to pursue this career. You can do well enough by educating yourself at home by taking up credible online courses.
1. Web design.
Just like content, you can’t space web design either. Every page on the internet requires UX and design. That’s the reason why this job is so popular among freelancers.
Your work as a website design consultant includes analyzing a website’s design and determine how it can be improved visually to increase conversion. Once you start growing and start to get more clients, you can even expand your solo work from home gig to a virtual web design agency, increasing your pay ranges.
3. Interior design.
Foraying into freelance interior design consulting has several upsides — but it requires a lot of work. Your job as a freelancer interior design consultant is pretty much the same as a regular consultant.
To get your name out there in the market, you can use platforms like Houzz, where millions go to find interior design advice and inspiration.
Work from Home Jobs FAQ.
What kind of work can I do from home?
As long as you have a computer and an internet connection, there are plenty of possibilities to get online work. Here are some of my favorites:
1. Get a digital marketing job. Many digital tech companies and agencies allow their workers to work from home.
2. You can learn how to start a blog and make money with multiple revenue streams like ads, courses, digital product sales, and more.
3. Data-entry jobs are in high demand and easy to do.
4. If you speak more than one language, you can be an online translator and translate web copy, books, documents, and more.
5. If you have coding knowledge, you can work from home as a web or app developer.
6. You can sign up for a site like Upwork or Fiverr to sell your digital services. This could be anything from freelance writing and graphic design to virtual assistant work and voiceover work.
7. Work for a call center. Many businesses need people to answer phones, assist customers, and help generate sales.
Check out these extra work from home tips to be more productive this year.
Do online jobs really pay?
Yes, online jobs do pay well and there are a wide range of options and salaries. For example, on the low-end, you could become a virtual assistant and earn an average of $17/hour. On the high end, you could learn how to start a blog and make money with affiliate marketing.
What companies hire work from home?
After social distancing became a new normal in many parts of the world, the number of companies hiring remote workers increased. Here are some of the top companies hiring remote workers this year:
5. JPMorgan Chase
9. Wells Fargo
Amazon offers work from home jobs and splits up its job postings into fulfillment and hourly jobs. Home-based jobs include customer service agents, HR positions, cloud service managers, Alexa support specialists, technical support associates, and more. To find these online jobs, go to the Amazon Virtual Locations webpage and filter by job category and location.
If you are looking for an easy, stress-free online job, here are some good options:
1. Freelance writer
2. Product tester
3. Data entry technician
5. Graphic Designer
6. Niche website builder
7. Amazon eBook publisher
9. Customer service representative
10. Survey taker
Google is one of the best companies to work for, and they do hire remote workers occasionally. To find these opportunities, go to the Google Career site and click on the “Jobs” link. From there, you can search for jobs by keyword and location. Make sure to only apply through Google – there are many sites claiming to have jobs but aren’t associated with Google.
If you want to find the best online jobs to work from home or to travel while you work, you have many options. These opportunities give you the flexibility of working from any location while telecommuting and avoiding rush hour traffic.
To succeed, stop following the herd with low-value tactics. To make more money, stay away from old articles recommending online surveys, collecting coupons, babysitting, or being a virtual assistant. Instead, set yourself apart and find your unique digital skillset, Most importantly try to stay ahead of emerging trends in digital marketing to build a passive income stream.
To test the waters and work as a premium freelancer, I recommend you check out the Flexjobs job board.